Branksome sent its first teams of volunteers to Cambodia in March 2011. As part of the partnership, a team of Branksome's Junior School teachers worked with Cambodian teachers and teacher candidates on demonstration lessons, using child-centred, inquiry-based teaching methods.
This project forms part of the IB Organizations initiative with the Cambodian Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport to jointly sponsoring a teacher training project at the Kandal Provincial Teacher Training College, its Demonstration School and three local Cooperative Schools.
Branksome Hall is the sixth partner school and the only Canadian partner to join in supporting this program.
The Cambodia Project Partner Schools are:
- International School of Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Ivanhoe Grammar School, Melbourne, Australia
- Queenwood School for Girls, Sydney, Australia
- Victoria Shanghai Academy, Hong Kong
- Renaissance College, Hong Kong
- Branksome Hall, Toronto, Canada